Welcome to the Warley Water Polo website. Warley was established in 1888 and plays in the Midland and Wrekin Leagues. The club is situated about 3 miles west of Birmingham, in Bearwood, West Midlands, B67 5QY, England.
- At the Midland Water Polo League AGM (9th Jan 2018) it was decided that Warley would be allowed to play both A & B Senior teams in Division One this coming season and Junior players would be allowed to play for both teams.
- Juniors after four away games finally played their first home game and won against Boldmere 12 v 6 (Wed 10th Jan).
- End of season tournament (Monday 18th December) saw 27 Warley players divided into 3 teams: Bees, Hornets and Wasps producing a wonderful display of competitive polo with each team having a mix of the good, bad & ugly and senior, junior & youth players. Scores were: Bees 5 v 5 Wasps, Hornets 10 v 7 Bees & Wasps 10 v 10 Hornets.
- Youths (u16’s) won the Handsworth Tournament for the second year running ahead of HGSOB and Solihull, Friday 22nd Dec.
- Wasps win the Division One Midland League Championship 2017 for the fifth consecutive year.
- Bees, having won Division Three in 2016, succeed in taking the Division Two title in 2017.
- Warley succeed in a unique treble winning Senior Men’s Divisions 1 & 2 and Senior Women’s in the same year (2017), only ever achieved once before by a club. The first time was in 2004 by Warley.
Winter Leagues 2017-18
Midland Junior League 2016-17
Warley 12 v 6 Boldmere, Wed 10th Jan 2018
Warley finally played their first home of the season beating local rivals Boldmere 12 v 6 to put them into 2nd place in the Junior League (click on link). Warley successfully limited Boldmere’s forwards from scoring and were always in the driving position with seven different players getting goals.
End of quarter scores were 4 v 1, 2 v 3, 4 v 1 and 2 v 1.
Players and scorers for Warley were: Simon Halstead (G/K), Andrew Sunderland (2 goals), Kacper Brandys (1 goal), Matthew Dixon (2 goals), Jacen Wilkes (1 goal), Sam Thompson (2 goals), Lorcan Halstead, Emlyn Morris, Joshua Blaze Stephen Bond, Filip Koziankiewiez (3 goals) and Cam Dallow (1 goal).
Next game: Northampton v Warley, Saturday 20th January 2018
Both teams the Hornets (last year’s winners) and the Wasps have been in action:
Hornets 18 v 4 Worcester 29th Nov
End of quarter scores were 3 v 0, 4 v 0, 5 v 3 & 6 v 1.
Hornets players and scorers in brackets were Simon Halstead (G/K), Andrew Sunderland (Junior, 2 goals), Aaron Moorfield (2 goals), Will Cornish (2 goals), Graham Harrington (1 goal), Nathan Wilkes (4 goals), Filip Koziankiewiez (Junior), Bradley Iles (Captain, 1 goal), Kacper Brandys, (Junior, 1 goal), Roger Kennedy (4 goals) and John Pridden (1 goal).
Next game: Wednesday, 17th January Hornets v Aston
Aston v Wasps 7th Dec
Friendly game played, 6 aside, Wasps won but no m/sheet
Wasps players and scorers in brackets were John Halstead (G/K), Will Merryweather, Sam Dallow, Sam Thompson, Drazen Videc, Alex Parsonage, Adam Whitehall, Eddy Smart, Nick Burrows and Cam Dallow.
Next game: Wasps v HGSOB Wednesday, 24th January
Midland League Division One – 2017
Warley A 19 v 8 City of Coventry
Wasps win their final game of the season against Coventry to secure the League title for the fifth season running. Congratulations to all the players who took part and Coach Chris Dickinson.
Warley players & scorers in brackets: John Halstead (G/K), Graham Harrington (1 goal), Aaron Moorfield, Nathan Wilkes (2 goals), Alex Parsonage (7 goals), John Pridden (2 goals), Drazen Videc (2 goals), Cam Dallow, Gareth Cheadle, Adam Whitehall (2 goals), Roger Kennedy (3 goals), Nick Burrows (Captain) and Coach Chris Dickinson. Dave Lane DNP (having had a long awaited wrist surgery).
Midland League Division Two – 2017
Oxford 12 v 11 Warley B
Well done everyone on winning Division Two!!
Not surprisingly, after an 85 mile journey, the Bees lacked sting in the 1st quarter which effectively won the game for Oxford. End of quarter scores were 3 v 1, 3 v 4, 3 v 3 & 3 v 3. Many congratulations to all the players who took part. Having won Division Three last year it was beyond expectations to win Division Two in their first season back.
Warley players: Bradley Iles (Captain and took on the role of G/K), Sam Dallow (2 goals), Cam Dallow (Junior, 1 goal), Sam Thompson (Junior, 1 goal), Adam Whitehall (2 goals), Gareth Cheadle, and Nathan Wilkes (5 goals, guest appearance).
Midland Youth League 2017
Warley 16 v 7 HGSOB (Played at Wednesbury L.C.)
Warley concluded their season with another double, this time over local neighbours Handsworth. Warley quickly took control of the game taking the first two quarters 4 v 0 & 6 v 2 to give a commanding half-time lead 10 v 2. Unfortunately, the game lacked flow due to the referee continually stopping play for very minor “standing” fouls.
Warley players and scorers in brackets: Simon Halstead (1st-3rd G/K, 2 goals in 4th), Matthew Dixon (6 goals), Lorcan Halstead (3 goals), Emlyn Morris, Jacen Wilkes (1 goal), Priya Kennedy (1 goal, G/K 4th) , Arnav Tyagi (1 goal), Stephen Bond (1 goal), Joshua Blaze (1 goal) and Kealan Cheadle.
Midland Women’s League 2016-17
Congratulations to all the players and supporting parents on winning the League!!