Welcome to the Warley Water Polo website. Warley was established in 1888 and plays in the Midland and Wrekin Leagues. The club is situated about 3 miles west of Birmingham, in Bearwood, West Midlands, B67 5QY, England.
- Congratulations to Kealan, Tobias and Liam representing the West Midlands u14 team in the 2018 Inter-Regional Championship at Walsall, Sunday 9th Dec. Tobias was ranked the most valuable player for the West Midlands Team.
- Hornets win 2 games in 3 days. Walk-over on Monday at Wednesbury (YES, away from home) who only had two players and a 26 v 6 win at home against Boldmere (Wed 5th Dec).
- Juniors third away game in their opening campaign of the season ends in defeat 24 v 13 against unbeaten Cheltenham (Sun 2nd Dec).
- Wasps continue their winning start to the season making it 3 wins out of 3. This time, a very young Worcester team couldn’t cope with Alex Parsonage’s 11 goals as the Wasps won 18 v 11. Next game away at Warwick, Sunday Dec 9th.
- B team senior men’s team secure their place in the Midland League Division One for the second year beating the challengers Oxford 9 v 10 away and drawing an excitingly close game at home18 v 18. This was confirmed at the ML Executive Meeting (27th Nov).
- Juniors WIN first two games of the season away at Solihull 3 v 8 and away at Northampton 6 v 8. Next game away at Cheltenham Sun 2nd Dec.
- Photos needed for all teams please, players please remind Team Coaches!!!
Winter Leagues 2018-19
Seem to have deleted the Junior Team??
Hornets 26 v 6 Worcester 5th Dec 2018
End of quarter scores were 4 v 1, 7 v 0,9 v 1 & 6 v 4
Hornets players and scorers in brackets were Simon Halstead (G/K, Junior & 1 goal in the 4th), Aaron Moorfield (1 goal), Graham Harrington (2 goals), Nathan Wilkes (3 goals but let in 4 goals as G/K in the 4th), Dave Lane (Capt. 3 goals), Adam Sperry (6 goals), Sam Dallow (1 goal), Matt Dixon (Junior 3 goals), Filip Koziankiewiez (DNP), Kacper Brandys, (DNP), Roger Kennedy (3 goals) and Cam Dallow (Junior, 3 goals)
Next game: Wednesday 19th December, Wasps v Hornets
Next Game: Warwick v Wasps Sun 9th Dec 2018, 5pm
Wasps players and scorers in brackets were John Halstead (G/K), Will Merryweather, Gareth Cheadle, Alex Parsonage, Adam Whitehall, Eddy Smart, Nick Burrows (Captain), Lorcan Halstead (Youth player).
Next game: Warwick v Wasps, Sunday, 9th December, 5pm warm-up
Summer Leagues 2018
Midland League Division One – 2018
Warley A 22 v 7 City of Coventry
Wasps were not firing on all cylinders until the final quarter. In the first quarter Coventry offered mainly defensive play and Warley scored five goals without reply. The away team just managed to get on the scoresheet towards the end of the quarter (5 v 1). The second quarter was much more evenly balanced with both teams scoring 3 goals (Half-time score 8 v 4). At one point, in the 3rd quarter, the score was 8 v 5 and Coventry looked the better team. Fortunately, the Wasps woke up scoring 5 goals to Coventry’s 2 goals (score at the end of 3rd quarter 13 v 6). The last quarter play was much more energetic, with three players scoring hat-tricks (Roger K, Drazen V & Alex P) (4th quarter score 9 v 1 to win the game 22 v 7).
Wasps Team: Players and scorers in brackets were John Halstead (G/K), Aaron Moorfield (1 goal), Graham Harrington (2 goals), Nathan Wilkes (3 goals), Roger Kennedy (3 goals), John Pridden, Adam Sperry (Debut, 2 goals), Drazen Videc (4 goals), Nick Burrows, Cam Dallow (Junior) and Alex Parsonage (7 goals). See below for next game.
Warley B 11 v 20 Solihull
This game was initially cancelled because Solihull only had 6 players so the pool was cancelled, referees told not to come and our players were informed that the game was off. Then 2 hours later Solihull said the had 7 players so everything was reversed. Few casualities, one referee and a Warley player.
Bees struggled to organise themselves in the 1st quarter (2 v 7), possibly due to the summer break, and were always playing “comeback”. However, in the following quarters the difference between the two teams was much closer. Scores for the 2nd to 4th quarters being 2 v 3, 2 v 2 & 5 v 8.
Bees Team: Players and scorers in brackets were Simon Halstead (Junior, G/K), Will Merryweather, Sam Dallow, Sam Thompson (Junior), Adam Whitehall (6 goals), Eddy Smart, Matt Dixon (Junior, 2 goals),Bradley Iles (Captain), Dan Carver (1 goal), Lorcan Halstead (Youth player) and Cam Dallow (Junior, 2 goals).
Midland Youth League 2018
Northampton B 14 v 6 Warley Sat. 22nd Sept
Warley won two quarters and lost two quarters, but what decided the outcome of this game in favour of the home team was our wins were not as big as the home team’s.
End of quarter scores 1st 6 v 0, 2nd 2 v 3, 3rd 6 v 1 and 4th 0 v 2.
The 1st quarter is a common problem, insufficient time to warm-up properly after a long journey, away teams often come unstuck with the new conditions. A golden rule is to concentrate on defence until you have acclimatised. Then having won the 2nd quarter we lost the third, mainly due to misplaced shots. With two players making their debut in this game the team finally gelled to win the final quarter without reply from the home team. Well done everyone!!
Warley players and scorers in brackets: Tobias Ishaque (G/K), Lorcan Halstead (1 goal), Priya Kennedy (1 goal), Kealan Cheadle (3 goals), Luka Murphy, Aaryan Tyagi, Daniel Reeves, Liam Lang (Debut and scored 1 goal) and Henry Trevis (Debut).
Next game: HGSOB v Warley, Friday 28th Sept. 8:20pm
See Youth Table by clicking on this link: Midland Youth League Table 2018